The Region The gastronomy of the Perigord region is world famous, from the “Foie gras” to the delicious “Confit de Canard” You can dine in many nearby restaurants specialising in local cuisine from casual to elegant. Visits to Saint Emilion or Pomerol are only 45 minutes by car, Bordeaux and Cognac 1 hour, the Atlantic coast 2hours. Activities Lots of thing can be done during your stay in the summer – spring or autum.
- Horse back riding – 3 miles from the gite you find the stables of Martha Price www.ecuriesdeschenes.fr
- Cycling – Mountain biking – Lots of organised and well signed tracks can be followed on the road or through the woods, bikes can be rented from www.bikes4gites.com
- Canoeing – Aubeterre has an active club with national heroes; in the summer they rent out the boats and drop you off at one of the drop off places, you can do all sorts of distances. Bring a picnic and you spend a wonderful day on the water http://snpa-aubeterre.wix.com/snpa-aubeterre
- Tennis – In our family we have 3 tennis players and a free court at 2 miles, bring you raquette or borrow one from us and. Profesional coaching (not me!) can be organised for kids and adults.
- Golf – At 5 miles you find the Aubeterre golfclub “Manoir de Longeveau”. www.longeveau.com
- Walking – Trails all around the house, you don’t need to take your car, you can take off from here. Trail maps are available in the cottage.
Other things to do : Wine tours to St Emilion and Bordeaux, antique shopping, crafstman and artists, the visits to prehistoric caves and much more.